Tuesday 21 December 2010

First Post - Welcome to my Blog!

Well this is my first post to the blog, so I feel that I ought to explain what it's about. Why have a Blog when I already have a website?

Well this blog will provide a bit more of an informal perspective on my photography. If you're looking for print sales then head over to my website at www.astannard.com, this blog will be more about some of my adventures in photography, a means to share some images and the stories behind them, and also a means of sharing some photographic tips. I've already got a few articles on my website, so expect to see some of them transferred over as well.

Given that it's a photography blog I ought to start with a photo, so below is a sunrise shot of Winterhill., Lancashire.


I'd like to say that I braved freezing cold temperatures and a 5 mile walk to get this photo, but truth be told I didn't. This was actually taken out of the toilet window at home! Quite a view for first thing in the morning, I hope you'll agree. No room for a tripod, so camera was braced against the side of the window, with a bit of an ISO bump to 400 to give a quick enough shutter speed. The sun was always going to overexpose, so exposure was all about balancing detail in the clouds with segregation of the two foreground layers. Shot in Raw, as I normally do, and the processed in Lightroom. This image will shortly be appearing as a print on my website.

Well that's it - first post over. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment